Reduce Water Pressure
High water pressure through your home cannot only increase your water bill, but also your likelihood of leaks. Installing a pressure regulator, on your main water line, will help keep the pressure below 80 psi, and avoid damage.
Pressure regulators can be sold at any hardware store, and range from about $15.00 – $35.00. If you are unsure of how to install this item yourself, contact your local Green Apple Mechanical NJ plumber.
How to Identify a Leak
The fastest and most effective way to inspect for leaks is to do a whole home check.
- Check your water meter, and record the reading
- Shut off all water valves, inside and outside
- Don’t use any water for 10-15 minutes
- Check the water meter reading again
- If the reading on the meter spiked, you probably have a leak, and will have to call a Green Apple Mechanical NJ plumber
You can benefit from these tips and tricks on how to take care of your plumbing system. Don’t wait until it’s too late; take care of your plumbing today. Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @ 888-611-7191