Or Call 201-300-5554
Emergency Is What We Do Best!!
We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, rain or shine, snow or heat wave, holidays or weekdays – we are here to assist you whenever you need help, we know machines tend to break at the worst possible time, Thanksgiving – we’ve been there, middle of a snowstorm – that’s the time the boiler loves to break down, we’ve dealt with that too, a 5 day heat scorcher, AC gives up life – we know and we have been there to cool back your home and family.
We provide instant relief when it hurts the most, our phone operators take service order at any time and connect you with one of our team members who know how to calm you down with a perfect solution you will not have to wait long for to come.
We’ve been taking service calls in northern New Jersey for years, we know the terrain, weather-related problem, style of home structures, we know the weak spots, the equipment and there for can provide the fastest solution to the problem. Our summers are extremely hot and humid, our winter can be brutal and your home needs to weather it all. Our next job after the fix is alert you about year-round maintenance.
Green Apple Mechanical is a Family owned and operated company, with the environment in mind, we are your one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning, and plumbing services
It all starts with a personal touch, immediate availability, taking the stress away from you.
Our years of experience take you beyond problem-solving and into avoiding future problems altogether by educating you about how better you can maintain your equipment, prepare for the changing seasons and how best to handle machines during off seasons.
In The Know
UP TO THE MINUTE NEWS
As a homeowner, there are many chores to keep up with around the house, and plumbing is probably not high on your priority list. After all, when you turn the tap you get water on demand, right? When you flush the toilet you are just thankful that the waste is gone and it’s ready for the next use. But, like most things around your home, plumbing and sewer pipes need a bit of care and attention if you’re going to keep counting on it to be there for you.
Here are some of the most common plumbing problems for most homeowners and some quick fixes on how to clear them:
- For a clogged drain: Pour ½ cup salt down the drain, followed by extremely hot water (but not boiling) until the clog is clear.
- Very little or no water coming from the faucet: Make sure the shut-off valve under the sink is open and plug the drain; unscrew the aerator from the faucet and wash/rinse all aerator parts; put parts back together. Your faucet should have water coming from it now.
- Pipes exposed to cold air: Wrap the pipes in insulation; this will prevent them from freezing and will lessen your wait for hot water (saving on your water bill too!)
If you experience clogged drains often, it’s important not to use chemical drain cleaners. These contain harsh chemicals that eat away at your pipes and over time, can cause extensive damage.
It’s better to hire a Green Apple Mechanical plumber to investigate and advise you on any issues so you can take care of them right away. Our plumber will likely snake the drain to clear it; if the problem is outside, in your sewer pipes, a sewer inspection professional will have a look at your sewer pipes to let you know what the condition is, and if there are any clogs or issues you need to deal with.
To help reduce the number of calls to plumbers and sewer professionals, there are a number of things you can do to prevent problems in the future. A few changes in daily habits can go a long way to preserving your plumbing and sewer pipes.
- Install screens in your kitchen sink and tubs to block larger items and hair from getting stuck in your drain. Clean the screens out regularly and rinse with hot water.
- Never rinse grease or fat down the drain. Reserve it in a metal container and dispose of it in your composter or garbage.
- Reduce your water pressure. As nice as it is to have high water pressure, it puts a strain on your pipes and could end up causing a leak. There are inexpensive pressure gauges you can buy from your local hardware store to measure the pressure.
- Soften your water: Hard water is not only hard on your skin, but it’s also hard on your plumbing and sewer pipes. Hard water contains minerals like calcium, magnesium, build up inside your pipes and restrict the water flow. Most water softeners use sodium to counteract the effects of the minerals.
- Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-611-7191
The furnace is Not Producing Enough Heat – Check and Change Your Clogged Filter
A furnace that struggles to produce heat is a different matter from one that has somehow stopped working.
In the case of a poor-performing furnace that doesn’t heat the home sufficiently, first ensure that the air filter is clean and in good condition, if not new.
Check and Change Your Clogged Filter
This is a simple but essential part of furnace maintenance. One of the most common reasons to have a furnace not working is a clogged filter. It also happens to be the easiest maintenance chore.
Replacing your furnace filter regularly is a quick and simple task, and goes a long way in protecting HVAC components and improving your inside air quality.
- Locate your filter – Some furnaces have their filter in the intake. This most likely looks like a grate in a floor, ceiling or wall. Other filters reside in the furnace itself.
- Check your filter – You can tell if the time has come to change it by holding it up to the light. If no light shines through, the filter needs changing. A dusty, dirty smell from the vents when the blower turns on is another good sign you should change your furnace filter.
- Replace your filter – Make sure your furnace is turned off. No air should be coming out. Check the direction your filter points. Filters are made to trap matter blown from one direction. Installing your filter upside-down can reduce its effectiveness.
Cleaning the debris that builds up on your filters will aid with the flow of air. When your air filter is clogged, your air handler must work harder to compensate for the blockage of airflow. In addition to driving up your utility bill, the reduced airflow through your heating and cooling system can cause your heat exchanger to overheat and shut off too quickly.
Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-611-7191Read More
Waiting until the start of the winter season to schedule a furnace inspection is not a wise move. You could save a lot of trouble later down the road by getting a tune-up before the arrival of truly cold weather.
Here are the 5 big benefits of a furnace tune-up for your home:
#1. Prevent costly repairs
A tune-up of the furnace during the fall will prevent costly repairs. Minor faults, if not caught early, can result in a breakdown of the furnace. These faults will cause the furnace to strain when generating heating, eventually resulting in a major problem with the device.
A professional furnace tune-up from Green Apple Mechanical can ensure that your heating system is in operating order prior to the start of winter, which decreases your likelihood of needing heating repairs. That’s peace of mind.
#2. Cut your energy bills
A furnace inspection and tune-up will also help you to cut your energy bills. Regular furnace maintenance will ensure that the heating device operates properly without drawing extra energy. If the furnace is not maintained properly, it will strain to generate heat and use extra power to heat the room. This can result in increased energy bills.
Having a professional from Green Apple Mechanical inspect your furnace before winter arrives can help you save on your energy bills all season long.
#3. Extend your system’s lifespan
Another benefit of a regular fall furnace tune-up is that it can result in the extended lifespan of the unit. If our technician finds a problem with your system, we’ll find a way to address the issue so that it doesn’t cause long-term damage to your system.
Fixing even the most minor faults can help reduce the strain your system endures on a nightly basis. Added up across an entire winter, and then multiple winters, you can see how maintenance can extend your system’s life.
#4. Keep your system’s warranty intact
In many cases, an annual furnace inspection is necessary to keep the manufacturer’s warranty intact. Even those who don’t require it recommend that your furnace be maintained to keep it from failing.
To keep the warranty, it’s important that you call Green Apple Mechanical NJ for regular maintenance.
#5. Ensure the safe operation of your heating system
The foremost benefit of a fall furnace tune-up is that it will keep the household family members safe from carbon monoxide. During our furnace inspection and tune-up, our technician will inspect the gas burner, heat exchanger, and supply line. They will calibrate the gas valve to ensure safe operation. Green Apple Mechanical are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-315-5564Read More