Or Call 201-300-5554
In The Know
UP TO THE MINUTE NEWS
Nobody really wants to call a plumber, but failing to do can have serious consequences. Water damage from burst pipes and leaky bathroom fixtures cost homeowners an average of $1,000-$3,000 per incident.
Don’t let this happen to you. Here are five clear indicators that you need professional Green Apple plumbing help right away.
1. Leaky Pipes
Dripping faucets aren’t just annoying, they can also cost you hundreds of dollars in wasted water. Some of the most telltale signs of a pipe leak include:
- Constant dripping sounds
- Moisture under the sink
- Noisy pipes (hearing water rushing when nobody is using it)
- Brown, wet spots on your walls, ceilings, or floors
Slowly leaking pipes can cause serious water damage. Even worse, once pipes have a small leak, they’re more susceptible to bursting or breaking.
You may be able to repair your leaky pipes on your own using a fitting compound or joint filler. However, this only a temporary fix. Call a Green Apple pro when leaks are small to avoid the possibility of much bigger problems.
2. Discolored Water
As a general rule, the water coming out of your faucet should always run clear. Red, yellow, or brown discoloration is usually caused by old, rusty pipes. Green or blue shades are often the result of corroded copper plumbing.
Discolored water is not only unsightly, but it’s also likely an indicator that you have more serious home plumbing problems.
3. Foul Smell
A sewage or sulfur smell might mean there’s a broken sewer pipe or vent under your home. This can cause serious damage to your home’s foundation and contaminate the environment.
Any time you notice a foul smell coming from your plumbing, it’s smart to have a Green Apple professional check it out.
4. Slow Drains
If your toilet, tub, or sink are draining slower than usual, you likely have a full or partial clog. Sometimes you can fix this with a plunger or over-the-counter drain cleaner. If the clog won’t go away or your pipes clog repeatedly, you probably need a Green Apple plumber.
Liquid drain cleaner is caustic and long-term use can damage your pipes. If you try too hard to remove a clog on your own, you can end up breaking your pipes, costing yourself thousands of dollars in repairs.
5. Frozen Pipes
Frozen pipes are an urgent issue. Some of the most obvious signs include:
- Water that won’t run
- Noise coming from the taps when you turn them on
- Moisture or frost on exposed outdoor pipes
Never try to thaw out your pipes on your own. Doing so can lead to cracks or even burst pipes. If you think you have frozen pipes, call a Green Apple plumber ASAP.
Is it Time to Call a Plumber You Can Trust?
At Green Apple Mechanical NJ, we believe in doing things right the first time. You can trust us to deliver quality work on everything from small jobs to large jobs. Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-611-7191
To that end, why is changing your air filter so important?
First of all, a clogged air filter can cause extensive damage to your system. Thus, if you check your air filter’s condition regularly, you ensure the longevity of your system saving yourself thousands in possible repair and replacement costs. Dirt and neglect are one of the leading causes of heating and cooling systems failing, yet such failure is completely avoidable.
Secondly, changing the air filter in your system ensures cleaner, fresher, healthier air. This is better for everyone in your home, particularly children and the elderly, and most especially for those suffering from allergies and/or asthma. In referring to the latter, a clean air filter means you are not constantly circulating dust, dust mites, pollen and other small particles in the air. Instead, your system will be able to purify the air, leaving it clean and healthy.
Thirdly, aside from protecting the HVAC system from unnecessary damage, cleaning out or changing a clogged air filter will also save you a significant amount on operating costs. In simplest terms, a dirty air filter uses much more energy than a new, clean air filter, which means a much higher electricity bill for you. You can, by keeping your air filter clean and in good condition, save up to 15% on utility costs.
To the above point on energy wastage, failing to clean and replace your air filter on a regular basis is failing the environment. An air filter that is clogged means a harder working HVAC system, thus it also means a lot of carbon monoxide and other greenhouse gasses by extension being released. Going green and running your home in an eco-friendly manner need not necessarily mean bending over backwards and giving up all forms of comfort. Something as simple as changing an air filter regularly can go a long way in making a difference. Clean air filters mean the air that flows through your air ducts will be cleaner and healthier to breath.
Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the professionals you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-611-7191Read More
- Annual maintenance helps your furnace operate more efficiently. Maintenance helps to free your furnace of dirt and debris buildup and keeps all the moving parts well lubricated so that it runs, quite literally, like a well-oiled machine. And when it operates more efficiently, you’ll likely save money on your utility bills.
- Maintenance can keep the need for repairs at bay. It helps catch small problems before they become larger, much more expensive issues. That’s because qualified Green Apple technicians are analyzing your system on an annual basis, and can easily spot any concerns that might become bigger problems for you down the road.
- A well-maintained furnace is a longer-lived furnace. As mentioned above, annual maintenance helps find potential problems and allows you to take care of them right away. And, maintenance keeps your furnace clean and operating efficiently, which can add to its lifespan.
- Preventive maintenance keeps your warranty intact. You might not realize this, but chances are if you read the fine print on your equipment warranty, you’ll see that annual maintenance is required. Most manufacturers view annual maintenance as a reasonable measure the homeowner can take to keep equipment running smoothly. And, not getting maintenance may void your warranty.
- The air in your home stays cleaner, too. One of the best ways you can help maintain your furnace is by cleaning or changing the filter when it becomes dirty. The air that flows through the filter into your home will contain fewer contaminants as a result. Not only will you breathe easier, but also your furnace will operate better when it doesn’t have to force air through a dirty filter. We’ll clean or change your filter during your annual maintenance, but ideally, you should change it monthly during times of high usage.
- Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call toll-free @888-611-7191
Green Apple Mechanical is a Family owned and operated company, with the environment in mind, we are your one-stop shop for heating, air conditioning, and plumbing services
It all starts with a personal touch, immediate availability, taking the stress away from you.
Our years of experience take you beyond problem-solving and into avoiding future problems altogether by educating you about how better you can maintain your equipment, prepare for the changing seasons and how best to handle machines during off seasons.
Emergency Is What We Do Best!!
We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, rain or shine, snow or heat wave, holidays or weekdays – we are here to assist you whenever you need help, we know machines tend to break at the worst possible time, Thanksgiving – we’ve been there, middle of a snowstorm – that’s the time the boiler loves to break down, we’ve dealt with that too, a 5 day heat scorcher, AC gives up life – we know and we have been there to cool back your home and family.
We provide instant relief when it hurts the most, our phone operators take service order at any time and connect you with one of our team members who know how to calm you down with a perfect solution you will not have to wait long for to come.
We’ve been taking service calls in northern New Jersey for years, we know the terrain, weather-related problem, style of home structures, we know the weak spots, the equipment and there for can provide the fastest solution to the problem. Our summers are extremely hot and humid, our winter can be brutal and your home needs to weather it all. Our next job after the fix is alert you about year-round maintenance.