Cold temperatures are present here in the New Jersey area. That means your furnace will be in use frequently. Our expert Green Apple Mechanical NJ technicians are offering up the top things every homeowner should know about their furnace, plus tips to keep you comfortable all season.
- Your furnace needs to be properly sized to your home. Some homeowners think that the larger the furnace, the warmer their home will be but this could not be more false. Oversized furnaces can make your home uncomfortably warm in certain areas while other areas remain too cold. And they will not operate efficiently because they spend the majority of the time warming up only to shut off without completing a full cycle since it does not fit your home correctly.
- Furnaces typically need to be replaced after 15 to 20 years. We encourage our customers to shop early to find out what they want in a furnace before they experience a system failure. Our team will help you find a system that fits your budget and comfort needs, so you’re not left scrambling when your furnace goes out.
- Maintenance is 100 percent necessary to keep your system running. Regular cleanings and inspections keep your system clear of buildups and can even help us catch minor issues before they cause large breakdowns. Your system will also operate more efficiently saving you on heating bills.
- Rotten egg, metallic, and electrical overheating smells and clanking, humming, and banging sounds coming from your furnace are not normal. They are most likely signs of a larger issue, so give us a call to inspect your system. Regular maintenance can help you avoid these issues.
- Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVACC or plumbing needs call toll-free at 888-611-7191